Breaking News

Brooklyn Man Dies after Starting a Fire while Smoking in Bed

A man was killed in a Brooklyn blaze early today, authorities said.

The 39-year-old accidentally started the fire while smoking in bed at a second-floor Midwood residence on Ocean Avenue near Avenue I, police sources said.

Sixty firefighters rushed to the scene, extinguishing the flames shortly before 1:15 a.m., according to an FDNY spokesman.

The man, whose name was not yet released, died at Kings County Hospital, after EMS rushed him there in critical condition.

Fire marshals don’t believe the fire is suspicious after a preliminary investigation, authorities added.

Source: NY Post

Please ShareShare on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+Share on LinkedInShare on StumbleUponPin on PinterestEmail this to someone

Jewish Content

Posted by on November 17, 2012. Filed under NY News. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. Both comments and pings are currently closed.