By Anessa V. Cohen
Sometimes I wonder: If I were to make a list of the top-ten most-favorite things for Five Towners to do in their spare time, what would make the cut? I am sure if I were to interview people randomly in town, they would all have at least five out of the ten answers in common, even if they were numbered differently in priority. So, let’s have a little fun and see if some of my choices would match yours.
- Figure out an alternative route to get home on gridlock day on Rockaway Turnpike.
- Find a parking spot at Dunkin’ Donuts in the morning after all the kids have been dropped off at school!
- Spend an hour looking for a parking spot on a Thursday in the Gourmet Glatt Cedarhurst municipal parking lot.
- Get frustrated and instead look for new places and ways to save $$ on groceries—with ample parking available.
- Obey the no-left-turn sign, and make a right at the end of Peninsula Public Library’s driveway.
- Check in to see if you missed anything important happening on Facebook.
- Make sure you don’t forget to stop in when Carvel offers a free cone.
- Check out the house for sale on your block and see how much they are asking for it. Then compare it to your house and decide what you think your house is worth.
- Your neighbors are renovating! Check out what they are doing and see if you can get some new ideas.
- After a long day, you are tired, so arrange for the family to eat out on Central Avenue.
So, how does that compare to your list of activities for a day in the Five Towns?
Anessa Cohen lives in Cedarhurst and is a licensed real-estate broker (Anessa V Cohen Realty) and a licensed N.Y.S. loan officer (FM Home Loans) with over 20 years of experience offering full-service residential, commercial, and management real-estate services as well as mortgage services. She can be reached at 516-569-5007 or via her website, www.AVCrealty.com. Readers are encouraged to send questions or comments to anessa@AVCrealty.com.