In an interview on Fox News on Tuesday, Israel’s Economy Minister Naftali Bennett asserted that Israel is on the front lines of the global war against Islamist terror as it faces off against Gaza-based terror group Hamas in its latest Operation Defensive Edge.
“We are going to do everything to defend our cities and our schools from the hundreds of missiles that Hamas, a radical Islamic organization, is shooting at our people,” Bennett told the interviewer. “We are at the forefront of the free world fighting radical Islam groups like Hamas, Hezbollah, Al Qaeda, Iran, and we’re going to do everything to protect our people.”
Asked how long Israel’s campaign, which was sparked by an escalation in Gaza rocket fire, will go on, the minister said, “as long as it takes.”
“You know,” he added, “we pulled out several years ago from the Gaza Strip, we hoped the Palestinians would build a city of peace, you know they called it the Singapore of the Middle East. Instead they turned it into hell and they’ve been deliberately shooting missiles at our children, at our families and this is unacceptable.”
“We know that we are defending the free world, and we are very clear about bringing back security to our people.”
On the three Israeli teens murdered by Hamas terrorists last month after being abducted from a hitchhiking post on June 12, Bennett said, “…Hamas is always trying to kidnap young Israelis and murder them… Over the past year they attempted 44 kidnappings and we managed to prevent almost all of them, unfortunately one of them succeeded.”
He added, “…we are in a very difficult region, we have a fortress of terror in Gaza, another fortress of terror in Lebanon, in Syria, in Iran, all around, and Israel has to be strong, and Israel must defend itself very clearly otherwise we won’t be here.”
Watch Bennett’s full interview on Fox News below: