Breaking News

NY Daily News: Satmar’s Sick Revenge On The Family of Teen Sex-Abuse Victim

Backers of convicted child molester Nechemya Weberman have wreaked vengeance  upon the teenage victim’s family and her sympathizers, sources told the Daily  News.

Since Weberman was convicted on 59 counts of sexual abuse Monday, his  supporters in the insular Satmar Hasidic sect have told customers to boycott the  victim’s parents’ businesses, pulled advertising dollars from an Orthodox radio  show and spat at an anti-molestation activist.

“It’s getting serious,” a law enforcement source told The News.

Meanwhile, the pervert’s posse took out a two-page spread in the  Williamsburg-based Satmar community’s largest newspaper in an effort to raise $1  million for an appeal.

“The entire community is sitting on that defendant’s bench God forbid,” reads  the two-page spread in the Der Yid newspaper. “In the coming weeks we must come  up with a million dollars to be able to continue pursue the case to rescue the ‘scapegoat’ Nechemya.”

Sources close to the case say the unnamed group hopes to hire famed criminal  defense attorney Alan Dershowitz, who helped get O.J. Simpson acquitted of  murder.

Women also began to shun her mother’s side business selling Mary Kay  cosmetics.

“Some have gone. And some have come,” the mother shrugged.

After the guilty verdict, a text message began circulating in the community.  Translated from Yiddish by The News, it reads:

“Please send around to at least 10 people. If you’re going to (name redacted)  to make your face . . . you are a part of killing the Jewish Nation and five  kids are home without a father,” referring to Weberman’s children.

“The pressure — it’s unbelievable,” the victim’s mother told The News on  Thursday. “I can’t take it anymore.”

But the victim’s family members aren’t the only people bearing the brunt of  the verdict.

Longtime anti-sex abuse blogger Nuchem Rosenberg filed complaint  after bleach attack.

Zev Brenner, a radio personality who hosts a popular show called “Talkline” that caters to Orthodox Jews, said he already lost one sponsor, and is fighting  to keep others.

His crime? He interviewed Brooklyn District Attorney Charles Hynes about the  case.

“We had the DA on and we had the victim’s husband [after the verdict],” Brenner said. “One person is not happy about it and won’t advertise.”

Brenner said his program, which has been on the air for 31 years, tries to be  impartial, but reporting on the high-profile trial has been tough, he said.

“He has a vocal group of supporters,” Brenner said on the convicted perv. “People are upset.”

On Tuesday, longtime anti-sex abuse blogger Nuchem Rosenberg filed a  complaint against Meilech Schnitzler — who ultimately surrendered — for  splashing bleach in his eye. The blogger accused Schnitzler’s father of being a  pedophile.

Rosenberg told The News he had been spat at by several people earlier that  day.

Source: The NY Daily News

Please ShareShare on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+Share on LinkedInShare on StumbleUponPin on PinterestEmail this to someone

Jewish Content

Posted by on December 14, 2012. Filed under Jewish News,Slider. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. Both comments and pings are currently closed.

One Response to NY Daily News: Satmar’s Sick Revenge On The Family of Teen Sex-Abuse Victim

  1. Simple Jew

    December 14, 2012 at 11:06 am

    This is where it is starting to get out of control. Every move will be judged.

    Satmar need to hire a PR person and take charge before it is too late