Breaking News

US State Department: Peace Talks to Go Forward, Martin Indyk Not Yet Hired

Times of Israel – The State Department confirmed on Monday that the Palestinians agreed to participate in new peace talks with Israel, dismissing comments to the contrary made over the weekend by spokesmen for Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas.

Spokeswoman Jen Psaki also dispelled weekend rumors that veteran diplomat Martin Indyk had already been tapped to lead the new negotiations. Psaki said that Secretary of State John Kerry is still “putting together the right combination of players,” but denied that any decision on negotiators or envoys has been made.

In a press briefing, the State Department spokeswoman rejected claims that the Palestinians were not on board with the proposed talks. Psaki said firmly that there was “an agreement between parties to resume final status negotiations.” She said that the contradictory nature of statements by Palestinian sources meant that some of the reports were necessarily false.

Read full story.

…read more
Source: The Algemeiner

Please ShareShare on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+Share on LinkedInShare on StumbleUponPin on PinterestEmail this to someone

Jewish Content

Posted by on July 23, 2013. Filed under Breaking News,U.S. News. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. Both comments and pings are currently closed.