Breaking News

Vizhnitzer Rebbe Of Monsey May Boycott Siyum HaShas

Kikar Shabbat reports that , the Vishnitzer Rebbe from Monsey Shlita may boycott the main Siyum HaShas because “Zionist rabbis” are expected to speak. The Vishnitzer Rebbe, told organizers earlier in the week he cannot attend since the “Zionist rabbis” will be attending in an official capacity.

Agudas Yisrael officials are worried that this might be a “trickling effect”  with more Rabbonim to follow and they are scrambling to address this issue.

A  Agudah offical told Kikar Shabbas news that he is concerened about  this, quoting, “These are  important  rabbonim  that we want to have at our event , but we must remain cognizant of the fact that 80% of those who will be participating in the siyum are identified with the Modern Orthodox world that want to hear from  these “Zionist rabbonim” and they are one of the reasons they are coming to tthe event”.

Invited to address the crowd, is Tel Aviv Chief Rabbi Yisrael Meir Lau Shlita as well as Rosh Yeshivas HaMekubalim Ahavas Shalom HaRav HaGaon Yaakov Hillel Shlita.

Stay tuned……

 

Please ShareShare on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+Share on LinkedInShare on StumbleUponPin on PinterestEmail this to someone

Jewish Content

Posted by on July 20, 2012. Filed under Jewish News,Slider. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. Both comments and pings are currently closed.